Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thorax fun

So I was flying around Sotrentaira in my Thorax ratting, and every once in awhile I'd see a jetcan miner and sidle up and flip the can. I keep thinking that one of these days someone in their hulk is going to get a wild hair and attack me with their drones. It hasn't happened yet.
In any case, a guy calls me out finally, and demands a duel. I agree, and we eventually meet in the next system over. It appears he has brought a harpy, a t2 assault frigate. I say no and head back to Sotrentaira. He agrees to a duel with cruiser to cruiser. Eventually we meet at planet 1. He jettisons a can. I don't take it. After all, he has a corpmate in system and my closest corpmates are 17 jumps out. So, I jettison a can...his corpmate warps in with a Raven.
A little game follows where the corpmate takes three cans I jettison, sends out armor repping drones to try to fool me, attacks the guy in the Moa after he moved up close, and generally tries different things to get me to attack.
A cruiser versus a battleship isn't good odds. I continue to try to get the Moa to take a can. It's not happening. So, watching the Raven, it looks like the torpedoes aren't hitting the Moa very well.
So, I target and attack. He immediately turns on some energy vamps, and it takes three seconds for me to run out of cap. His teammate tells me to "have fun". I reply "I will".
My blasters no longer work. Also, he has me warp scrambled. With no cap, I can't use my microwarpdrive. Things aren't looking good. I head for the border, trying to make 20km in order to warp out. He sends some T1 Hammerheads out at me, which are clipping away at my shields. I pull my drones back and start attacking his hammerheads. He pulls his hammerheads back in.
Meanwhile, I'm into armor, and about 10km off. Good thing I have a 1600 Rolled Tungsten Plate. He keeps me cap drained while I slowly pull out at 200m/s, kilometer after kilometer slowly rolling by, siege torpedo after siege torpedo slamming into my hull. I suppose the damage control II would keep me alive just that bit longer once my armor is used up. At about 15km, I'm approaching hull. I recall my drones and target the station closest to the center of heading.
Torpedo after torpedo slams into me, very slowly taking me down. It's a good thing the torpedoes no longer hit moving targets very well, or I'd be toast by now.
Finally, 20km...I hit the warp drive and pass into warp with just a tiny fraction of armor remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment